Shamwari Meats is committed to supporting the ‘National Privacy Principles for the Fair Handling of Personal Information’ and complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth Australia), which has set clear standards and guidelines for the collection, access, storage and use of Personal Information which Shamwari Meats may obtain during the course of our business with you.
The information we collect from you
In order to provide you with services, Shamwari Meats may ask for personal details such as your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. Australian Privacy laws allow Shamwari Meats to collect Personal Information directly from individuals who choose to share this information if it is reasonable and practical to do so. Where Personal Information is collected about you from another source, Shamwari Meats will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of:
• Shamwari Meats collecting Personal Information about you and how you can contact Shamwari Meats regarding the collection of such Personal Information;
• How you can gain access to the Personal Information collected;
• Why Shamwari Meats collected the Personal Information;
• Who Shamwari Meats would usually disclose such Personal Information to and
• Any law requiring Shamwari Meats to collect Personal Information and the main consequences (if any) for not providing all or part of the Personal Information as governed by that law.
You have no obligation to provide any information requested by Shamwari Meats however, Shamwari Meats may not be able to provide you with the services you require should the service depend on the collection of that information, particularly if the collection of that information is required by law.
How your information is used
The Personal Information collected is generally used to provide you with relevant services. Shamwari Meats does not use or share Personal Information for any purpose other than for the purpose for which it was disclosed. Shamwari Meats does not provide or sell Personal Information to other organisations; however Shamwari Meats may disclose Personal Information to service providers in connection with providing its service to you.
By providing your personal information to Shamwari Meats, you acknowledge and consent that:
1. Shamwari Meats may collect and use your personal information for the purpose disclosed to you;
2. You are authorised to provide such information to Shamwari Meats; and
3. That any information provided may be disclosed on a confidential basis to third party contractors, agents or to our suppliers relevant to providing the services offered to you.
Keeping information accurate
You may contact Shamwari Meats at any time to correct the Personal Information held about you. Alternatively, you can also go into your Shamwari Meats account to manage and change any personal information at any time.
Keeping information secure
Shamwari Meats takes measures to ensure your Personal Information is protected from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, disclosure or alteration. Personal Information may be stored in different ways (electronically and physically). Shamwari Meats uses security procedures to protect all Personal Information held. Internal access to and use of Personal Information within Shamwari Meats is limited in order to prevent misuse or unlawful disclosure of that Personal Information by others.
Resolving Your Privacy Issues
Shamwari Meats – 46 Clarke Crescent, Katherine NT 0850 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about Privacy law and the National Privacy Principles is available from the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website www.privacy.gov.au